Saturday, May 21, 2005

Game of the Week

I've been on the DL for a while as I had not a thing to say. Now we're in interleague play and I gotta say I like it. I like what MLB has done this weekend and played some natural rivals against one another. Many intrastate games and lots of old town rivalrys. I like interleague play because it creates match ups that we don't get to see very often and brings new viewers to baseball. In the south we watch the Atlanta Braves, but I don't ever actually watch a game. Now if the Braves play the Twins and Johan Santana is pitching I'd probably tune in for an inning or two.

The same can be said if the Mariners are in town. I like watching Ichiro and Vlad and the Orioles. But we get that on ESPN you say, and yes you are correct I say but the problem is, is when Johan Santana is on ESPN he's playing the Devil Rays and that's no fun. Or he's playing the Yankees and you gotta listen to Joe Morgan talk about the Yankee's and how ARod is shagging Scarlett Johansen or whoever Derek Jeter kicked to the curb.

WNBA gets back to television. Seattle Storm last years champs and the champs in all of our hearts are on and playing the Monarch's. Now slow down you can finish reading the post, there is sure to be a highlight package on Sportcenter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home